Roleplay Warehouse

Hello and welcome to the Roleplay Warehouse! Please register to participate. It is highly recommended that participants are on daily, know proper grammar and spacing, and are proficient writers before joining. Zero tolerance for drama, and Admins can and will delete without warning if they suspect you are a problem.

Roleplay Warehouse

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for the most Elite of writers and story-writers.

3 posters

Project Digamma

Fenrir
    Fenrir
    The New Kid
    The New Kid

Location : We Canadians are a polite people. Even when we are curb stomping you.

Project Digamma Empty Project Digamma

Post by Fenrir Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:21 am

So bare in mind this is still a work in progress I'll be making changes to this template over the course of the week any suggestions are welcome.

Forward to the Project

Welcome to Planet Digamma the cradle of life in the universe; what’s left of it.  I have seen the damage mortals wrought on one another and I find it pales to the size and scope of the chaos wrought over the galaxy when Gods go to war. I’ve witnessed planets knocked free of their orbits, frozen over and left barren. Entire galaxies going dark, their stars blotted from the night sky. Who am I? You may ask. I was once a being of unimaginable power. The universe warped around me and catered to my will. With a wave of my hand Mortals would become forever young. Such was my power that everything that existed, existed as a player within my game. My reality was the universe and if I didn’t like something a simple thought could make it better.

But that was long ago, before the war. A war I lost. Broken and left for dead, I am but a shard. I am no longer conscious of the universe around me.  I lay hidden within a man that hates my kind. He does not know it yet nor will he ever learn, but he carries my blessing and as such will become my instrument of revenge.

Before our final stronghold fell I used the last of my strength to create a new law in the universe. No God could procreate.  Why not just kill them you might ask? Fear. By ending their existence I would end mine and with my death the universe may cease to exist.  So I settled with a final insult. I would render every God in the universe sterile. Their numbers would wane until someday they’d cease to exist.

Project Digamma

A planet wide project that the Usurpers started in the hopes to end their curse.  Our last stronghold was chosen as the planet to conduct the project. It’s harsh wilderness and exotic biosphere would give them plenty of strong DNA strands to play with and that was before they learned of the primitive indigenous people that had already adapted to the harsh environment. The project was simple if the Usurpers could no longer reproduce naturally then perhaps a Hybrid being would be able to carry on their legacy or even better unlock the secret to curing their curse.

The Rules

This story is essentially a free-for-all just try to keep the planet in one piece. Also no humans or half humans or any mention of humans and earth. Why? Well it’ll be explained in the third act. Just safer to assume there aren’t any humans…yet. Which brings us to the only other rule. This story is told in acts. Three to be exact over the span of thousands of years.  There may be more depends on how this goes so let’s start with the first act.

ACT 1: Zioct

Setting

Welcome to Planet Digamma. The planet is about the size of a star. Which shouldn’t be possible but considering it's previous owner could reshape reality there's a good chance it not a natural formation. Another oddity to the planet is there is no water, instead its ocean are filled with a strange black liquid. Early scouting reports, during the war, noted that the liquid was a substitute for water and could be consumed by those foreign to the planet. Later studies learned that the liquid led to increased muscle growth and bone density in animals, size increase in insects, and when taken in large quantities plants would become hard as stone. Metal is so rare on this planet (despite its size) that only the Gods know of its existence and even then most of their metal comes from off planet.  For everyone else tools, weapons,  clothing and shelter come from the local plant life or wild life. On Planet Digamma everything including the foliage is carnivorous and at least semi intelligent.

Characters/Factions

Primitives

Welcome to the Stone-Age folks. You are the test subjects taken from various worlds and transplanted here.  You have no knowledge of you home-worlds; assuming you aren’t one of the locals that were here before the war. Most of you will be clones your DNA augmented by the God that ‘protects’ your clan. Your society varies from clan to clan but the basic structure of one God influencing/protecting multiple clans remains constant. Act 3 you become the main players but for now you’re just the cannon fodder for what is to come.

Mutants

So maybe splicing God DNA with mortals might have seemed like a good idea but there were bound to be some complications. Mutants are primitives who somehow unlocked the power in their genetics. You aren't all powerful but your abilities make you a threat. The stronger the mutant the more attention you get, the more attention the more rigorous the experimentation. The Usurpers take the existence of you mutants very seriously and hunt you the moment they become aware of your existence. What they do with you depends on who’s in charge of your clan and what you do with your powers. Your choices are fight and die, run and die, or hide what you are in the hopes you won’t be discovered and experimented on. In Act 2 something happens that will give you a 4th option but for now you must blend into your primitive brethren just to survive.

Usurpers

You see yourself as the gods of the universe. Having destroyed your creators you joined this project in the hopes that you can find a cure for your curse…well at least some of you have. Many of you are here for your own amusement. You have planets under your control that you use to bolster the clans under your control. Everything is fair game, you may even use this experiment to further your own goals. Zioct (the one in charge of this experiment) only had two rules when he invited you over to play. The first being, test subjects had to be born here or ‘grown’ here, lest they remember where they came from and second nothing off world could be brought into the planet’s atmosphere without his expressed consent.

True Gods

You are one of the few scattered remnants of the side that lost the war. You sadly do not have the strength to carry out your revenge and will likely be dead by Act 2. You however do have the option to choose a champion to carry out your revenge but know this, the less your champion knows of their purpose the more likely they are to succeed. (The purpose of the True Gods is solely to bestow a blessing to their selected champion from either the Primitive or Mutant factions. In most cases their weakened state is just an onset to their death.)

Last edited by Fenrir on Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Can't proof read)
    Ayase, the Remainder
    Ayase, the Remainder
    The Writer
    The Writer

Project Digamma Empty Re: Project Digamma

Post by Ayase, the Remainder Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:20 am

This sounds similar to one of the RPs on that other site, Photons of the Abyss I think? Just it's sectioned into Acts and stuff.

I think this is a good idea, and I also think finding people to post in it constantly might be a bit difficult, after watching some of the RPs that I'm in. People are always busy and stuff. But I think it's a good idea, and I might be up to trying it ^_^ I know Blu on here always plays a Hybrid too so many I can ask her. Could prolly ask the twins too but IDK if they have the time.

Also when you said black liquid in water my first thought was totally Mel's Sin Plague LOL.
    Fenrir
    Fenrir
    The New Kid
    The New Kid

Location : We Canadians are a polite people. Even when we are curb stomping you.

Post by Fenrir Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:45 am

Photon's has a similar premise as in they are both about a experiment on reproduction but that's about it. In this one not all the Usurpers are evil and not every Primitive was abducted some are volunteers... or at least were.

The goal of this project is generally to cure their affliction. But Everyone has their own agenda. So who knows what will happen. The reason it's divided into acts is not only cause there is a sizeable amount of time between them (not so much between act one and two but act 3 takes place thousands of year in the future) but also because the factions change as their culture, technology and people evolve.

Yah that liquid has a few special properties that make it valuable right now but worth far more in near the end of Act 1.

As to people posting this was originally designed as a solo story so it doesn't require all that many people. That said more people means a more expansive world to interact in.
    Ayase, the Remainder
    Ayase, the Remainder
    The Writer
    The Writer

Post by Ayase, the Remainder Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:55 am

Or you could just do a 1 x 1 with someone and have a multitude of characters. I read Photons, it was amazing O.O I kinda wish they'd keep writing but after a fallout with some of the people who were writing it (least, it's what I've been told) they stopped it all completely. But it's part of a series (just like Slaves of Angelics and the other Angelics parts) which is pretty cool.

Also the black liquid ~ lmfao Sin Plague, it's 'important' but deadly. Haha. Depends on what yours turns out to be, since obviously only the King has the plague like that lmao.

My favorite one right now is the 'Are you Ready' & 'Trapped RP', though I was looking for someone to do a 1 x 1 or 1 vz 1 with, so I might look into that. Pretty bored right now anyhow X"D
    Fenrir
    Fenrir
    The New Kid
    The New Kid

Post by Fenrir Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:11 am

Yah ironically I'm using the same character I did in Photons with a few additions. He should also be somewhat sane in this one at least to a minor extent. And I'm already technically in a 1v1 with...oh...crap...
    Ayase, the Remainder
    Ayase, the Remainder
    The Writer
    The Writer

Post by Ayase, the Remainder Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:37 am

lmfao I take it you forgot to post to the person? lmfao. Happens. Idk, I am one of those dark writers. People say that I'm too young to be one, but meh whatever. I tend to write rather graphic stuff. I'm all for the space and tech sorta thing too though, but I just write better on the ....eviler side of things per say. Which is amusing since my character is of pure innocence. Too many bad things have happened to be in my life to write 'normally' I'd say. LOL.
    Melvin Louie-Leon
    Melvin Louie-Leon
    The Tyrant King
    The Tyrant King

Post by Melvin Louie-Leon Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:53 pm

If I was more functional and able to see better, I would totally fucking write something like this gladly. Lol. Idk about the whole three acts thing, but I'm into that kinda shit, and I was the inspiration for Photons anyhow.

I actually thought about bringing Photons here, just twisting it up a bit and fucking with some older ideas from the first Photons. Most of the shit we write it still a part of the series that went around for the passing 2-3 years of our RPing and such.

But idk, might give it a shot if it gets set up. Depends on how many people you're looking for, and what you're looking for. If I can have someone at home with me read me the intel (I'm still partially blind and being this close to the comp is killing my eyes something fierce right now DX), I might be able to come up with some replies.

We shall see.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content